Batch Import User Error

hjewell August 30, 2019

Hello, 

During the past week, batch imports which assign a ticket to a user upon creation has begun throwing an error saying "Issue can't be created due to the error/s [User ******** does not exist.]" 

The imports have successfully assigned issues to the user in the past, they're still active and can see the board/project. 

Anyone else running into this issue? Did something change within JIRA that might be causing this error now? How can I resolve this issue? 

Thank you! 

Heather

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2019

Hello @hjewell

Thank you for reaching out.

When you say Batch Import, I understand that you are referring to CSV imports. Is it correct? Or are you importing your issues using any other method?

If you are uploading issues to an Atlassian Cloud instance, I can confirm that the way users are mapped in JIRA has changed during the last year with the removal of usernames from Atlassian Account profiles:

Say goodbye to usernames in Atlassian Cloud

Right now, user picker fields (Assignee, Reporter, etc) can be mapped by:

1 - Account ID (You can check it in the user management of your JIRA instance)

OR

2 - Email address of the user

That being said, if you are using Atlassian Cloud, check if the mapping of the email address or Account ID works for you.

If the steps above didn't work, please confirm to us if you are using JIRA Cloud or Server and provide us with more details on how you are mapping the user when importing the issue and what method/format you are using to import it.

Suggest an answer