Backlog issue types

Audra Bonacki August 14, 2017

Hi there,

Can Test issue types be removed from the backlog?

7 answers

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

Backlog shows issues which match the issue filter.  JIRA boards show issues being fetch from the underlying JQL. Thus, you need to update your Board filter and add "type != test" in the filter in order to remove test type from the board. 

See here on how to configure the board filter - https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board/configuring-filters 

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2017

But that will remove them from the whole board, not just the backlog

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

Yes, the backlog is part of the board.  If you don't want them in the backlog, you're also saying you don't want them on the board.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2017

If the issues aren't in backlog then they won't appear in the active sprints anyway. "Test" type comes from Zephyr plugin. And lot of times, POs don't want them on the board (backlog) as they create noise.  

Correct, they do not want test tickets on the board

0 votes

Sorry, I'm really not familiar with JQL. I don't have a query at this point which is why I'm asking on here how I remove Test issues from the backlog.

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2017

I'm guessing you need an AND so it's "AND type != test"

Hi Warren, I think that did the trick!!

0 votes

Hi the link worked thank you however, "type != test" thowes an error. Error in the JQL Query: Expecting operator before the end of the query. The valid operators are '=', '!=', '<', '>', '<=', '>=', '~', '!~', 'IN', 'NOT IN', 'IS' and 'IS NOT'.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2017

Paste your complete query. What's the current JQL which you are using? In the current JQL you would need to append "type != test"

0 votes

Hi Tarun, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the link didn't lead to an active page.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2017

Yeah, still not a working page :/

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2017
0 votes

The project lead doens't want to see Test tickets in the backlog. Is there a way to make them not show up there?

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2017

Hi Audra

I think you need to give some more detail so that the answers will help you. Jira issue types are customisable so many companies won't even have a Test issue type

Suggest an answer