BLOCKER: Unable to update Due Date with Jira Automation

Delivery BU Resource Requests June 17, 2021

Hi, I'm trying to use smart values to automate Due Date using another Custom Field value like below - 

{{issue.created.plusBusinessDays({{issue.customfield_10050}})}}

While {{issue.customfield_10050}} and {{issue.created.plusBusinessDays(2)}} gives me correct values separately, they don't seem to work together. Any help much appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2021

Hi @Delivery BU Resource Requests -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You do not need the extra curly brackets when using a smart value as a parameter to a function.  Please try:

{{issue.created.plusBusinessDays(issue.customfield_10050)}}

Best regards,

Bill

Delivery BU Resource Requests June 17, 2021

It worked like a charm!

Thanks @Bill Sheboy for the prompt response. You helped me to meet my deadline. Appreciate it! 

May I ask if you could share any wiki or documentation link for more of such typical ones please? 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2021

Awesome! I am glad to hear that helped you.

Documentation is an area that needs work for automation, and a single-source wiki does not yet exist.  Here are the pages I most often use or recommend to people:

Suggest an answer