Automation with Slack

Rodrigo Xavier June 16, 2021

Hello friends, how are you?
I wonder if it is possible to create an automation that when a ticket is commented, the message goes directly to the slack of the user who opened the ticket.

I can send the message to a slack channel, but I would like to send it only to the users who open the tickets.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2021

Hi @Rodrigo Xavier ,

This may be more than what you need, but I recommend you to check Halp. It's a very cool (Atlassian) tool that allos to integrate Slack with Jira (and even Confluence, if you have a knowledge base there):

https://halp.com

Rodrigo Xavier June 18, 2021

Olá @Carlos Garcia Navarro muito obrigado pelo retorno.
Nós temos o Halp implantado aqui na empresa.
Havia deixado ele como segunda opção. Mas acredito para o que eu pretendo ele será a melhor mesmo.

Muito obrigado pela dica. :)

Like Carlos Garcia Navarro likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

De nada, Rodrigo! Halp é um produto fantástico, gosto muito dele.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

Hi @Rodrigo Xavier 

According to this suggestion, that appears to be difficult currently as you would need the user's Slack ID in the message: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74092

The noted work-around is to store the Slack ID with the Jira user as entity properties, and then use that value.

Best regards,

Bill

Rodrigo Xavier June 18, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy . Thanks for the feedback.
I see, to send messages to the users you would have to insert the slack ID in every call.
The thing is a little bit more complicated. But I think @Carlos Garcia Navarro tip can help, we can use Halp to do this integration.
Thanks very much friend.

Suggest an answer