Automation to add watcher with condition (Component Lead)

Dmitry Babenko March 21, 2023

Hi all!

The Project has components (components are sub-sections of a project). For each components there is a Component Lead.

I need to set up a rule in Automation. When new issue created with a component, the person responsible for the component should automatically be added as a Watchers.

Help me, please, set up a rule.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

Hi @Dmitry Babenko -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What have you tried thus far to solve this?  If you have a rule, please post images of your rule and the audit log details showing the rule execution.  Those will provide context for the community to offer suggestions.

If you have not started your rule yet...To get you started on creating your rule, please review this documentation and examples:

And here is some additional information to help you create your rule...

Kind regards,
Bill

Dmitry Babenko March 21, 2023

Unfortunately your links didn't help. Maybe I'm bad at reading. I can't figure out how to set up condition Component Lead to automatically be added as a Watchers

Should I use issue.components.lead in condition somehow?

The condition is very simple.
If there is a component in issue, then the Component Lead must be a Watchers.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

Which of the linked information that I provided did not help?

No, as I noted you cannot reference the Component details from the issue.

Instead please try the work-around that I noted to use the Component id value to call the REST API, obtain the lead information, and use that to add the Watcher.

Suggest an answer