[Automation] send e-mail notification to watchers

Emilia KASPRZYK July 8, 2020

Hi,

i've created rule : if today-due.date = 4 send e-mail notification to:

assigned and reporter works perfectly

BUT

I would like to send it to watchers or users specified in the custom field - any idea how to do it? Please?

2020-07-08 09_22_07-Project automation - Jira.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2020

Hi @Emilia KASPRZYK 

Have you tried to enter the smart value in the email TO field?

I found that if you type the field's smart value, e.g. {{issue.myCustomField}}, you will be prompted to enter the smart value.  Just click on the prompt and it will add it to the TO field.

Best regards,

Bill

Emilia KASPRZYK July 8, 2020

Hi, 

thx for reply. I thought about it, but:

1. we use next-gen projects (unfortunately) it means I have to create a custom field for each project 
  2. I would like to use user type custom filed, but I'm not skilled enough to convert it to the user e-mail address - further, it means as many rules as customer field I created
  3. if I create Text type custom field and we will have to put their whole e-mail addresses it becomes quite a time consuming and sensitive for misspelling

I was hoping there is an easy way to use watchers list.. didn't find.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2020

Hi, Emilia.

If the people you want to notify are watchers, you could try this one:

{{issue.watchers.emailAddress}}

As with the custom field, type that into the email TO field.  I just tried it and it worked for me to notify watchers.  I found that smart value on this documentation page:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-general/

Like # people like this
Emilia KASPRZYK July 13, 2020

Hi,

Works perfectly! Thank you! ;)

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL