Automation for Jira maximum number of components

Dan W February 24, 2020

What is the maximum number of components that a project automation can have?  I have an automation that creates a service request and assigns a label and sends a MS teams notification based on a drop down that is selected.  I need to add to the options available on the drop down and now I am getting a error - You've reached the maximum number of components allowed per rule.  So I need to rewrite the automation or figure out a different way of performing the function.  But I want to know what the maximum number of components is for future reference.  I have not been able to find it in the documentation.

Thanks

Dan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2020

https://docs.automationforjira.com/knowledge-base/service-limits.html

Please review linked article for more info:

Limit  | Cloud | Server | Example of how to breach the limit

Components per rule6565More than 65 conditions, branches and actions for one rule
New sub-tasks per action100100Triggers the creation of over 100 sub-tasks
Issues searched10001000*A scheduled JQL search that isn't streamlined enough and returns more than 1000 issues.

* In server, this number is derived from the  jira.search.views.default.max configuration property. This can be configured and limits the number of issues returned per search globally in Jira.
Concurrent scheduled rule executions11A scheduled rule that takes longer than 5 minutes to execute, scheduled every 5 mins. Only allow a single concurrent execution of this rule is allowed.
Items queued by rule500025000See the section below on queued items limit for more information.
Items queued globally50000100000Similar to queued items per rule but applies to rules in progress across your Jira instance globally.
Daily processing time120 min120 minA rule executes every 5 mins and each execution takes longer than 5 seconds (in cloud). This could be the case if your rule talks to slow external systems for example.
Hourly processing time40 min100 minConfigure several rules that listen for issue events and carry out a bulk operation that executes these rules. This limit only triggers if there are more than 2000 rule executions per hour in cloud and more than 5000 rule executions per hour in server)
Loop detection1010This controls how many times a rule can trigger itself (or other rules) in quick succession before execution is stopped and marked as a LOOP.
Dan W February 24, 2020

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

Suggest an answer