Automation for JIRA: create issue from another issue and redirect to the latest

Dimitar Dimitrov April 30, 2018

Hi guys, 

I am using Automation for JIRA add-on to do some cool things on top of my Jira Service Desk. My case is the following: 

* I have a workflow transition for Incident Management, which is visible on the Service Portal and is called 'Convert to Request'. (the intent is for that to be used by the customer, when they have incorrectly submitted something as an incident, but then they change their mind)

* I have a rule in the Automation for JIRA which is triggered when this transition is fired. The rule closes the original incident with status of Closed Converted, and opened a linked Service Request. 

However, the action happens in the background, and the customer remains seeing the original incident in the Service Portal. Is there a way that after the transition is fired from the Service Portal, the customer will be redirected to the new issue (service request)?

1 answer

0 votes
Francesc Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2018

Hi @Dimitar Dimitrov,

The customer will see this service request automatically created if:

• This user is the reporter of the new issue.
  • The Request Type is set in the service request.
Dimitar Dimitrov May 28, 2018

Hey that still doesn't work for me. I cannot have the Request Type copied, as actually the Request Type would be different and I do not want it to be the same.

Any other ideas?

Suggest an answer