I have an automation rule in my service desk project to automatically set the customer request type if it is empty. It was working initially, but now it is not. My other rules are working without issue. Why would my rule just stop working? How can I fix this?
So there are actually 3 else ifs for other issue types, so it should cover all of mine. However, the rule is not working for any of them. Any ticket created from JIRA and not the portal has a request type of "No match" and does not show up on the portal. There have been no updates to my knowledge.
I don't get this process at all.
First of all, it makes no sense that tickets made in JIRA would not show up on the portal without changing this.
Second of all, if it is going to work this way it should be possible to set a default for each issue type without automation.
So I actually figured it out. I made a change yesterday to the create transition to change what event fired. Instead of Issue Created I was using a custom event because i have a complex looping workflow to assign tickets. I switched it back to Issue Created and it is now working.
I would think the rule would run whenever the Issue Created rule is fired, which it was in a custom transition that went from open back to open. However, that didn't seem to work. I guess this is just a strange issue.
Thanks for the reply!
Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot