Automation Rule - Custom field missing in value picker

Sai Nepadhya Gurram July 10, 2020

Hello

I'm trying to set a Custom field value in Automation rule, but it is not listed in the field value picker.

The filed is a Select List (cascading) with a few options to choose.

Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2020

Hi @Sai Nepadhya Gurram 

Cascading select list is currently not supported there to be picked up from the field list.

But you can update the value using the 'More options' --> 'Additional fields' textbox available. Follow the REST API call format for updating values.

Example below (insert the values into the <> tags as needed)

"fields": {
        "<field name>" : { "value": "<value1>", "child": { "value" : "<child value 1>"} }
       } 
}

Hello @Gikka 

Many Thanks for your response.

I am sorry , but I couldn't find the 'More Options' field anywhere.

Regards,

Sai

Screen snip.png

Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2020

Hi @Sai Nepadhya Gurram 

Sorry, I thought you were trying to 'Edit' the issue to set the value for field.

To define the 'If' rule for Cascading select, you can choose the 'Advance compare condition' option and write REST API check for a cascading select.

Place the custom field ID for the cascade select list in the rule below.

For parent value: {{issue.customfield_xxxxx.value}} equals value1
AND
For child value: {{issue.customfield_xxxxx.child.value}} equals child1

Cascade.png

Like # people like this
Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2020

Hi @Sai Nepadhya Gurram 

You can also use the 'JQL condition' available to run a query to check for the custom field values.

Like Sai Nepadhya Gurram likes this

Thank you so much @Gikku 

Advance compare condition works.

Much appreciated.

@Gikku  

Sorry I am new to REST API 

Can you suggest me if I can add OR condition in the value filed 

For eg :

{{issue.customfield_xxxxx.child.value}} equals child1 or child2 or child3

Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2020

Hi @Sai Nepadhya Gurram 

If for multiple values, better to use JQL then.

'<field name>' in (val1, val2 ..)

Like Sai Nepadhya Gurram likes this
Xaviar Steavenson February 22, 2021

@Gikku  How would one search for JQL for the childvalue though? I'm not actually certain I know of a way that would pull that off?

I'm trying to do something similar to what Sai was doing here, where I'm concerned with the childvalue being 'None' and trying to enforce it by moving the issue back to a previous status when it is blank.

However, I don't seem to be able to get {{issue.customfield_xxxxx.child.value}}  equals <anything> to trigger an event and was going to try the JQL before realizing I can't seem to come up with JQL that looks at the child value.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events