Automation - Move parent task

Josh Velez March 26, 2021

I am trying to get my parent task to move in workflow once the child tasks are complete. The parent task is in a separate project than the child task. See example below

GEE-011 (Parent) in Task Assigned Status

HEE-012 and HEE-013 (Child) Task Assigned Status

Once HEE-012 and 013 is marked as Task Complete I would like for GEE-011 to move to the Admin Review Status.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Paul O
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2021

It's not a problem to run rules across multiple projects but you will need admin rights to make sure your rule isn't limited in scope to a single project. You set this in the automation global administration.

Screenshot 2021-03-28 at 15.50.18.png

The rule will then run on ALL issues (or all issues in projects you include in scope) when transitioned to 'Done'.  It should look something like the below (with the status 'Admin Review' instead of In Progress per your spec) 

Screenshot 2021-03-28 at 15.49.11.png

Josh Velez March 29, 2021

Thanks for the rule. I believe I need to be Jira Server Admin to add multiple projects to scope even tho I am admin in multiple projects. So I will let you know if this rule works once I get all projects in scope.

0 votes
Josh Velez March 29, 2021

Thanks for the rule. I believe I need to be Jira Server Admin to add multiple projects to scope even tho I am admin in multiple projects. So I will let you know if this rule works once I get all projects in scope.

Suggest an answer