Automation: Issue Assigned Trigger

Michael Marriott May 30, 2022

Can anyone tell me if the Issue that satisfies this trigger passes the issue to the the next component in the rule chain?

For example, I am using an if-else block for next component with a JQL of "assignee in membersOf("<a group name>")" To determine if the assignee is in the group.

It seems to me every issue is subject to this JQL not just the issue that caused the trigger so this JQL conditions may be useless.

Assuming this is the case, how can I restrict the test applied in the next component of the automation rule to only apply to the issue that caused the trigger?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

Hi @Michael Marriott 

After the trigger add a branch rule only for the current issue:

branchrule.png

The add any component you want inside this branch.

Hope that this is what you were looking for.

Regards,
Alex

0 votes
Patty Land
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2022

Might need some clarifications on your question in order to help you: What exactly is your current trigger? If your trigger is running on a schedule and searching a JQL, your action will apply to all issues fitting your query. Most of the other triggers are issue-specific, like for example if you have an issue transitioned trigger, which looks for issues transitioned to "Done", then it'll run each time an individual issue is transitioned to done and the action will be taken on only that issue.

Michael Marriott May 31, 2022

Hi Patty, As per the post the trigger is "Issue Assigned".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events