Automating the tasks

Hanieh Katebian January 15, 2021

Hello everyone, 

I have a question about the automations. I have a general project with plenty of the Epics which I would name as sub projects. These sub-projects have the same tasks that the team needs to go through to finish. I need to create an automation rule for the project which automatically transfers the same tasks inside the demo project including the assignees and the links to the new project. This is doable? Which triggers do you offer? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Hanieh Katebian,

There is an automation template library available with plenty of example rules that may inspire you.

If I understand your use case well, if you create a new epic (or sub project) in your Jira project, you want to automatically create a set of predefined tasks inside that epic and specify a number of predefined fields. I think this sample rule may already serve as a pretty good starting point.

For an overview of the available triggers, just as a test create a new automation rule in your own instance and click the add trigger option. You will see a list of all the available options there.

Hope this helps!

kr,

Walter 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events