Automatically create a ticket in JIRA software from Service Desk

Ravi Mistry January 28, 2020

Hi, 

We are looking at moving our legacy system to JIRA for our customers.

What we want to do is to eliminate double work. The idea is a customer adds a service desk ticket and once in a status "Approved" it will automatically create a JIRA software ticket in a certain project. e.g Propeller Changes. We can then manage this via kanban or sprint.

Is this possible? From the service desk, we would need a summary to stay the same I believe. 

I know there is something with JIRA service Desk automation or would it need a API/Webhook?

Please let me know the best way to approach this :) 

Thanks, 

Rav

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Schmidt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

Hi,

Atlassian announced last week that the App "Automation for Jira" will be integrated in Jira cloud. This app will give alot of oppurtunities to automate certain tasks which otherwise needed an App to accomplish.

If you don't need a solution right away I would keep an eye on this.

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for this, will keep an eye on this.

Is there any other solutions, e.g. automation in JSD?

for a short term fix

Alexander Schmidt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

Hi Ravi,

As Per Löfgren said, I would install Automation Lite for Jira.  Just for now its a separate paid App.

1 vote
Per Löfgren
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

Simplest way to solve this is using an Automation tool.
Try "Automation Lite for Jira".
Very simple and good enough for most cases.
Atlassian recently purchased the tool so anything you implement will not be in vain.

Cheers

Per

Suggest an answer