Automatic ticket creation by reading the record in a table

Juan Portero June 27, 2022

Hello community,

Is there any way to automatically create a ticket by periodically reading a table from a database external to Jira either with some internal configuration or an add-on?

In the event that this configuration can be had, could I update the table record with a true?

Note: Could this configuration be done in the standard version of the cloud or in a data center?

2 answers

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 27, 2022

Hi, @Juan Portero !

I have a suggestion for the second part of your issue - automatically create a ticket. 

You can achieve that with Business Process Manager add-on. You need to build Template, and fill in it with necessary data and other elements such as assignee, blocker, and approval if you need it.

After that, you can copy the Template URL and add it to the external or Atlassian plug-in.

image.png

So, BPM will create tasks every time when URL is started. 

Hope, that it was helpful. Please, tell me if any questions

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2022

Hi @Juan Portero 

There is no such a feature out-of-the-box. I don't know any apps to achieve this either.

What I could suggest is to implement a service (it can be either in Jira or an external one) which would check that external table and raise the tickets via REST and update the table accordingly.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events