Automatic issue creation

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

When employee sends email to all staff from outlook, system automatically creates issue on jira.

I know that we can configure e-mail on project for automatic issues.

BUT project e-mail is service-desk@***.** but employee sends e-mail to everybody@***.** 

How can I find why does it create issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Hello Jamil,

Is service-desk@***.** a member of the everybody@***.** distribution group? if so, it will receive a copy of the email as well and therefore create a ticket.

Does this answer your question?

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2020

@edwin vasquez 
I already check this but  service-desk@***.** isn't member of everybody@***.**.

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2020

are there any groups that service-desk@***.** is a member of that may be members of the everybody@***?

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2020

If not, I'd do a mail trace for email sent from that user to Service-desk@*** to see how/why its being delivered.

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2020

@edwin vasquez 
and there aren't any groups of service-desk@***.** which can be member of everybody@***.**
Sir can I find from atlassian-jira.log file how does it create issue?

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2020
Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2020

@edwin vasquez 
Thank you very much!
I found it.

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2020

Fantastic news!

Curious, what was the issue?

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2020

@edwin vasquez 
When customer sends e-mail to everybody@***.** helpdesk@****.**  catches e-mails also.
We should remove helpdesk@****.** from everybody@***.**.

Suggest an answer