Automatic email reminders

Arpan Mehetre February 1, 2017

Is there any documentation available about how the email reminders can be triggered to customer on a specific workflow state. For e.g, if the state = "Pending on Customer" or "Additional Info needed" and if customer did not provide the same within 24Hrs then can be send out a reminder? 

I read in here - JIRA Service Desk daily auto-reminder sent to customer to create a SLA for customer and trigger the notification on SLA breach. But I not quite sure how to reset the SLA clock back(since I want the reminder be sent thrice before closure)? Also, how to hide it from agents queue.

Also, the post above is quite old. Is there a new way available to do this? Please help. Thanks.

5 answers

0 votes
Christian Radwanski December 12, 2019

Haven't logged in for a while, this is easily achieved by creating 3 statusses.
E.g. First reminder, second reminder, third reminder.

Under project settings automation:
SLA time remaining = breached - if issues matches status "first reminder - then transition to "second reminder" and "send email" (insert message here).

Secondly you will also need to add an automation in the same area for when a user replies, it will transition from the reminder statusses to for example "response received" to stop the SLA timers. This will also make it noticeably easier for service desk to recognize responded to tickets.

Hope this helps you guys out, thats how I have done it.

0 votes
Johnny Chin October 11, 2019

We too want to have these automated reminders ... or even some way of getting notified of "Internal comments"

0 votes
Christian Radwanski May 25, 2018

I am having the same issue, transitioning a ticket to another state upon comment is easy. But the functionality to send a reminder every 24 hours 3x does not seem to exist. Does anyone have an update on this?, this is standard service desk practice in case a client does not respond?.

0 votes
nloveland March 16, 2017

this sounds like what I am trying to do as well. 

When we create an appointment in Jira, under "Create Issue" we have options in there with one of them being "Assignee".. I would like to add a custom field under this option called "Confirm Appointment". When we click this on our end, what this will do is send them an email reminder with the specified appointment time that has been set, an hour before the appointment and 5 minutes before the appointment time much like google calendar does. 

For example, when you have a calendar event in google, it will send you the appointment with options: "Accept, Deny, and maybe" When we accept this google calendar appointment, then the sending party is updated (being us that the customer has confirmed the appointment) and for the customer there are options for being reminded of this event. 

Is this possible? Maybe we could add the field and then attach some kind of webhook to the event or something? 

and whoever is responding to this can you please take into consideration this is my first day using JIRA ever.. so like an explanation for complete idiots I would highly appreciate.  

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2017

Arpan,

The link you saw is still valid.

What more you can do here is.

1. Create an Automation rule to Auto-Transition the issue to "In Progress" whenever customer responds.
    1. When: Comment added
    2. If: User is a customer and issue matches status = "waiting of customer"
    3. Then: Transition issue to "In Progress"
  2. Add another predefined automation rule when SLA is breached. (Make sure you have that SLA as 24 hours)

Step 1 will make sure that ticket is not waiting for customer when they reply.

-Ravi

Suggest an answer