Automatic Epyc start/due date

GuillaumeJolly May 3, 2021

Hi

How can I make Epyc automatically start with the earliest start of its child issues?

How can I make Epyc automatically end with the latest end of its child issues?

Thank you.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021
0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Hi @GuillaumeJolly,

You can automate that, if you like. Here is an example of an automation rule to update the due date of an epic if one of it's child issues due date is later than the current epic's due date:

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 08.15.53.png

When an issue's due date is updated, it looks up the issue's parent Epic and compares both due date. If the issue's due date is later than it's epic's due date, it will adjust the epic's due date accordingly.

You can obviously extend that same principle for the start dates.

This setup will obviously work for future updates. So for a clean start, you should make sure that epics with existing issues in them are aligned first. As from them, you have a system that is being kept up to date automatically.

Hope this helps! 

0 votes
GuillaumeJolly May 4, 2021

@KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH @Walter Buggenhout 

Gents, Thanks a lot. I had a mistake in my variable and found the debug page very useful.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/debug-a-rule/

All working now. I love Zero Code!

Because I am a total newbie in Jira Automation, I also found this link very useful:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Jira-Automation-all-the-resources-you-need-in-one-page/ba-p/1388465

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events