Automate move issues

Mariusz Siennicki July 30, 2020

Hi,

I want to move task after creating it to another project based on a field in the  form  - dictionary(Multi level cascading select)

I created multi level select dictionary using addon "Multi-Level Cascading Select"

It is possible to automate moving issue into other project with the same name like selected in dictionary(custom field)?.

For example:
I have one project to collecting tasks (BOK Project)
The task is create in BOK Project , Can be automatically transferred to the project from the field indicated in the form based on dictionary eg. ELMO1(MultiLevel.Png) ??

Regards
Mariusz

2 answers

0 votes
Mariusz Siennicki August 10, 2020

Hi,

Any update ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2020

No, because you've asked to do something that cannot work.  I can't do the impossible.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2020

Moving issues from one project to another is a sign of a broken process.  You should not be seeing a need to do it.  (It is a valid thing to do, but the reasons are housekeeping, re-organisation and archiving, not day-to-day use)

There are apps that will enable an automated move in many places, but they absolutely require that the source and target projects and issue-types are configured identically, and that people have the same access (those combined tend to mean that there is not real benefit from the move as everything is much the same)

I would start by questioning why you think you want to do this.  If we can't help you not do it, then the why of it is still a very good question as it may help us work out which app is best for you.

Mariusz Siennicki August 6, 2020

Thank you for you answer

I explain you my bussines case:

Maybe you will see other way to configure it ?

I will have a few ServiceDesk teams(Team1, Team2, Team3)
Each team will have its own tasks

Teams cannot access other teams' tasks, but they can redirect them to them
There is the same SLA after redirecting .

How can I configure this so that teams cannot see their tasks and can redirect tasks among themselves?
There is any way to limit visibility of tasks for teams ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2020

> teams cannot see their tasks and can redirect tasks among themselves

That's an impossibility.  If a team cannot see their tasks, they can't redirect them because they've no way to see them.

Mariusz Siennicki August 6, 2020

Teams can see their own tasks, but they cannot see other teams' tasks .

Its any way to configure it ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events