Autoassign issues to group of users on which request type

Atle Øverbø May 24, 2017

This is a question for jira service desk cloud.

Hi, we want to autoassign issues that origins from request type to a group of people. Is that possible? And can we use current availability as well? (User manually ticks of "not available" or "available". 

If there are any other way of solving this, let me know. 

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2017

If you don't assign a user no one will see the issue in the 'assigned to me' filter and the issue will often become overlooked. Assigning to a dummy group user is really like not assigning it at all.  I suggest assigning it to the group lead and let them reassign work as needed. 

Correction, by dummy I meant a user that represents a group email to the team that is being assigned.  e.g. user = TEAMA, email for user = distribution email list for team A

Atle Øverbø May 31, 2017

Any idea how I can configure this autoassigning? 

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2017

Hi Atle,

If you use different issue types for your request types, then you can design the workflow for each of the issue types to assign to a user as part of the post-function workflow.  You would need to create a dummy user that represents the "group" of users with perhaps their group email to be the assignee.

I"m not sure re the availability.  Which user ticks where about not available or available?  I haven't seen that type of functionality in base JIRA only in plugins.

Susan

Suggest an answer