Auto-population of a field while creating an issue from a fragment.

Mohammed Siyad April 27, 2022

Hi team,

I am trying to figure out a solution to auto-populate a field which has the summary details of the issue from which I am creating an issue where I could populate the values. Like epic link populating automatically with issue deatils.Capture.PNGe using the fragment.Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

Hi @Mohammed Siyad

May I know what field type are you trying to auto-populate? Is it a text field?

It would be helpful if you could share a print screen of the field you intend to populate.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Mohammed Siyad April 28, 2022

Hi @Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ ,

The field I have created is an elements connect field where in there is drop down values of the User-Story from which I have to select it. But I am trying to automate that stuff. Rather than selecting from the drop down, if I click this fragment I will need to have the issue name there automatically populated. This happens when we have epic link. If we try to create an issue under a epic, the epic link automatically populated right, same mechanisam I am trying to figure out.

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

Hello @Mohammed Siyad Have you taken a look at Elements Copy & Sync?

You can configure an operation to create a new issue under your epic, and set up a field mapping that pre-populates the issue with details from the epic. And since it's from the same vendor as Connect, the fields are compatible.

(For info, I work for Elements)

Mohammed Siyad April 29, 2022

Hi @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ ,

Very much appreciate the response, so with this synchronisation of fields. We could easily sync the the field values right. 

Like in my part, I have to auto-populate the field which should contain the "Key : Summary" when i create it. 

Suggest an answer