Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Auto-population of a field while creating an issue from a fragment.

Edited

Hi team,

I am trying to figure out a solution to auto-populate a field which has the summary details of the issue from which I am creating an issue where I could populate the values. Like epic link populating automatically with issue deatils.Capture.PNGe using the fragment.Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Mohammed Siyad

May I know what field type are you trying to auto-populate? Is it a text field?

It would be helpful if you could share a print screen of the field you intend to populate.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Hi @Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ ,

The field I have created is an elements connect field where in there is drop down values of the User-Story from which I have to select it. But I am trying to automate that stuff. Rather than selecting from the drop down, if I click this fragment I will need to have the issue name there automatically populated. This happens when we have epic link. If we try to create an issue under a epic, the epic link automatically populated right, same mechanisam I am trying to figure out.

Hello @Mohammed Siyad Have you taken a look at Elements Copy & Sync?

You can configure an operation to create a new issue under your epic, and set up a field mapping that pre-populates the issue with details from the epic. And since it's from the same vendor as Connect, the fields are compatible.

(For info, I work for Elements)

Hi @Laura Campbell _Elements_ ,

Very much appreciate the response, so with this synchronisation of fields. We could easily sync the the field values right. 

Like in my part, I have to auto-populate the field which should contain the "Key : Summary" when i create it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you