Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Auto check if issues from same customer exist

Edited

Hi everyone,

We receive requests from other internal departments (sales, cs etc). We regularly get tickets submitted twice by agents from similar or different departments regarding the one same customer. They cannot know if the issue they have was raised already or not.

To avoid confusion and basically work twice on the same issue, I would like my team to instantly know how many issues we already received regarding each specify customer once a new issue is created.

Our customer are identified by a custom field, which is a 10-digit number.

I tried three things: auto link with link type "relates to"; auto comment the customer ID and look up said customer ID in the project, then link it; forget about the link, and simply have a check when an issue is created. An automation should post in the comment "Here is a list of issues already existing regarding this customer: link, link, link".

To no avail, there are lots of post on similar topic on the community forum but none match my case.

Any idea?

Thanks everyone.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I couldn't find the answer after a few days of Googling, but by creating this post, one of the "related community content" brought the answer to my question!

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Automation-Link-new-issue-to-existing-issues-based-on-Custom/qaq-p/2028142 was the way to go.

Thanks @Mark Segall

The solution is brilliant, as it links ALL tickets related to one customer.

Mark Segall Community Leader Aug 25, 2022

Welcome to the community @stephane.chevalier and glad my previous post could make an assist here.  🙂

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events