Auto Transition of a ticket on a particular date

Hi,

We create a ticket when we receive a job or task. However we don't start work on the ticket until a particular date (captured while creating a ticket under a custom field name "Project Start Date" and say we keep it in a status named "awaiting project start"

Can i auto transition this ticket from "awaiting project start" to "in progress" at that "Project Start Date".

Thanks for help in advance.

Cheers

Amir

3 answers

Hi Amir,

You can change it on the workflow of the project.
Please check Configuring Workflow for further information.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Hi Paula, Thanks for your reply on this. My Question here was is a inbuilt function for doing this or I need to write a script for this. Cheers Amir Vegdani

Can I use Post Function (Fast-track transition of Issue) to do this.

Hello

I don't know of a way for triggering a transition on a given date. You could at least create a query and subcribe to it so that you get notified on that specific date and probably do a manual bulk transition on your issues.

JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) can help. Use runFromIssueList with JQL that finds all issues with the custom field value > now. Then use progressIssue for the action to run on each issue found. Put this in your favorate job scheduler or Bamboo to run once or day or similar.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,308 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot