Auto Transition of a ticket on a particular date

Amir Vegdani December 11, 2014

Hi,

We create a ticket when we receive a job or task. However we don't start work on the ticket until a particular date (captured while creating a ticket under a custom field name "Project Start Date" and say we keep it in a status named "awaiting project start"

Can i auto transition this ticket from "awaiting project start" to "in progress" at that "Project Start Date".

Thanks for help in advance.

Cheers

Amir

3 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2014

JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) can help. Use runFromIssueList with JQL that finds all issues with the custom field value > now. Then use progressIssue for the action to run on each issue found. Put this in your favorate job scheduler or Bamboo to run once or day or similar.

0 votes
Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2014

Hello

I don't know of a way for triggering a transition on a given date. You could at least create a query and subcribe to it so that you get notified on that specific date and probably do a manual bulk transition on your issues.

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2014

Hi Amir,

You can change it on the workflow of the project.
Please check Configuring Workflow for further information.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Amir Vegdani December 14, 2014

Hi Paula, Thanks for your reply on this. My Question here was is a inbuilt function for doing this or I need to write a script for this. Cheers Amir Vegdani

Amir Vegdani December 14, 2014

Can I use Post Function (Fast-track transition of Issue) to do this.

Suggest an answer