Attachment button not visible in the Multi line text box, Wiki style renderer

SWAPNIL SRIVASTAV August 27, 2019

I have created a multi line text field and changed its Renderer to Wiki Style Renderer.

When I try to create the issue in the same tab and the Create Issue screen comes as a pop up in the same tab, the attachment button is VISIBLE, but when I try to create issue by right- clicking on the Create button and choosing option: Open in a new tab, the attachment button is INVISIBLE.

I am trying this with jira-administrator id and it has the permission to add attachment and system field Attachment is added in the screen. 

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2019

Hi,

I understand that you are not seeing the attachment button in the menu that exists for description or multi-line text fields using the wiki renderer in some cases.  I believe this is actually an existing bug where we are tracking this problem.  You can read more about this in JRASERVER-46035.

There is a documented work-around for this problem on that bug ticket:

Workaround

1. Add attachment first, then in another screen add comment with embedded attachment.
  2. Drag and drop attachments to the comment field (the attachment will be uploaded and embedded into the comment)

Even if that toolbar does not have the attachment button, if the screen contains the attachment field you can still upload attachments in that process.  If you want to still have an image attachment appear in the description/custom field you can do that with a wiki style format of !filename.jpg|thumbnail!

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer