Attachment Validation Error for a 16kb regular text file???

Jim August 17, 2022

I can't attach a simple 16 kb textfile to an issue I create, as user for our Servicedesk system. I get the Attachment Validation Error message each attempt.

I get the same error for other files too, for the first time ever but the abov e exaple was the simples most innocent filtype I could think of to test what's wrong. But I can't figure out what has changed. Why can't I upload attachments.

The files are located locally in a secondary disk D: regular local folder. No long filenames or paths are used. It is not locked nor encrypted.

I use the default Jira Servicedesk Create Issue view.

Where should I start looking for what's wrong?

Kindly

Jim

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

What exactly are the error messages you get?

Jim August 17, 2022

The exact error message was "Attachment Validation Error"

But I was helped by my own IT dept.

They suggested that I log out and back in to Jira wich helped.

But I don't understand why I was allowed to create and edit issues but not to upload attachments to issues?

0 votes
Paul Plank April 17, 2023

I am having the same issues on a regular basis with different kinds of files (also .zip).

The remarkable part is, that if I create the issue, and click the Link of the newly created issue afterwards, then i can drag the attachment over the issue and it works (without  logging out and in again).

Maybe there's something wrong with the "create issue" dialogue?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events