Attachment Field Required error.

Raul Comerzan January 21, 2016

Hi everyone!

On a workflow a made attachment field required with "add validators to transition".
But after i publish the workflow and i want to move an issue from a status to another I receive an error message like this:

image2016-1-21 16:18:3.png

even if i attach a document.

I attach a document from:

• attachment field
  • description field
  • comment field

but i have the same error and i really don't understand why?

Do you have any idea? 

Thanks a lot,
Raul 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2016

It sounds like you have added this "make attachment mandatory" validator to all the transitions.  That's fine in itself if you genuinely want to stop people using the workflow if they've removed all the attachments.

But it also sounds like you have used a validator that says "attachment added on this transition", rather than one that says "there are attachments on the issue"

With what add-on have you enabled this validator?

Raul Comerzan January 21, 2016

I configured a new workflow and after that i added it on the project. The validator is just on the second transition so i cant move the issue on the next step.

I don't have an add-on.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2016

There's no way to make attachments mandatory in plain JIRA, so I reached for an add-on.  As you're on Cloud, there are a couple that are available (without you needing to install them), and I suspect you've used the one from the JIRA Suite Utilities - I seem to remember that does "added on this transition", rather than "has to be present", which would explain why this is failing for you.

Chris Rogers February 5, 2016

I also seem to be having the same problem in that I'm trying to make an attachment mandatory on a transition using the Fields Required validator in JIRA Suite Utilities (on the post function, I create a new issue through JJupin SIL and want to copy this attachment across to the new issue).  The validator message comes up even if I have an attachment on the transition.  

It seems like the Fields Required validator is checking the attachments on the issue rather than the attachments on the transition (which aren't added to the issue yet).  Unfortunately, I'm not versed in writing my own plugins (or tweaking existing ones) so I'm a bit stuck.

Any recommendations?

0 votes
WendyA May 18, 2016

(I'm still pretty new at this myself, but since no one else has commented since the last post...)  Are you able (or have you tried) to add a custom field to hold the 'special' attachment and add that field to a custom screen for that transition? (If that's doable, then maybe you could make that *custom* field mandatory, and it won't have to be 'on the issue' yet?)

Suggest an answer