Atlassian Connector for IntelliJ with JIRA On demand and Google Authentication

Francisco de Freitas April 22, 2012

Hello,

what are the correct setup steps for connecting with the on demand service using Google authentication when trying to access JIRA via Atlassian Connector for IntelliJ IDEA?

Currently I get authentication failed when not using HTTP authentication. If I also enter the google credentials on HTTP Authentication I get a 401 (Unauthorized).

com.atlassian.theplugin.commons.remoteapi.RemoteApiException: (401)Unauthorized

at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.soap.JIRASessionImpl.login(JIRASessionImpl.java:199)

at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.JIRAServerFacade2Impl.testServerConnection(JIRAServerFacade2Impl.java:140)

at com.atlassian.theplugin.commons.jira.IntelliJJiraServerFacade.testServerConnection(IntelliJJiraServerFacade.java:243)

at com.atlassian.theplugin.idea.config.serverconfig.ProductConnector.connect(ProductConnector.java:31)

at com.atlassian.theplugin.ConnectionWrapper.run(ConnectionWrapper.java:63)

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Stuart MacKenzie April 22, 2012

Hi Francisco,

I am using IDEA 11.1.1 successfully with my Google integrated OnDemand instance.

Ensure "Accept remote API calls" is ON, under administratio -> Issues -> General Configuration.

username should be your username in OnDemand, you can find it in your user profile, mine does NOT my full email address.

password is a password within OnDemand, in my case it is not the same as my Google account.

I use my base server URL http://iaraddev.jira.com

Let me know if this helps, if not, I can mess around some more.

See attached screenshots.

Kevin Stanton October 19, 2018

This does not work for me, we can't reset our password because Google is integrated:

Screenshot 2018-10-19 15.30.35.pngHow did you get this to work?

Like Joseph Shield likes this
Joseph Shield June 26, 2019

I also am having this issue, has anyone figured out how to fix it?

0 votes
Stuart MacKenzie April 23, 2012

Glad that worked out. I recall spending a few frustrating hours before I had it working succesfully myself ;o) How are you enjoying PHPStorm? I have heard good things about it.

Cheers,

- Stuart

Francisco de Freitas April 24, 2012

I'm loving PHPStorm since January.

It has many features that other IDE's unfortunatelly don't have which make my daily tasks much more efficient and smooth, specially when programming for Web.

They've just released version 4 and there are so many improvements from v3 that really makes me think it was a good investment. :)

AJ Tarachanowicz September 26, 2012

They've just released version 5 and it is amazing!

0 votes
Francisco de Freitas April 23, 2012

Hi Stuart

thanks a lot for your message! It was really helpful and I got it working.

Basically I had to change two things:

• we use the *.atlassian.net domain
  • the credentials to use aren't the google credentials but the one you told me, found on my profile (had to reset the password)

Just to be clear though, I'm not using IDEA but PHPStorm 3.0.3 with plugin version 3.0.4.

Cheers!

Francisco

Suggest an answer