Assigning specific user to a project

Rats January 4, 2014

Hi, I'm new to JIRA and struggling to use it.

I'm trying to find a way of giving selected users access to a project. This is what I've tried:

1) Created new project (Project1)

2) Created a new user (User1) and a new group (Group1)

3) Assigned User1 to Group1

3) Under Project Permissions for Project1 I added Group1 for certain permissions e.g. Create issues, edit issues etc

When I log in as User1 I cannot see anything for Project1. Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2014

You must make sure your user gets "browse" permission. Check step 4 - make sure that Group1 is named on "browse issues" in the permission scheme.

Rats January 4, 2014

Hi, thanks for your reply. Under Edit Permissions the only "browser" option I can see is "Browse Projects". I've assigned this but still get the same problem.

Rats January 4, 2014

Ok, I've assigned all permissions to User1 but when I login with User1 I still cannot see anything. Why is this happening? Is there anywhere else I need to set permissions?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2014

Browse projects is the correct permission. A user with that will be able to see the project, and the issues within it.

Can you check back over the exact settings - it sounds like you must have missed one.

Also, could you have a look at the "security scheme" on the project settings - is there one set? (This might stop USer1 seeing issues, but they'll still be able to see the project header)

Suggest an answer