Assigning specific user to a project

Hi, I'm new to JIRA and struggling to use it.

I'm trying to find a way of giving selected users access to a project. This is what I've tried:

1) Created new project (Project1)

2) Created a new user (User1) and a new group (Group1)

3) Assigned User1 to Group1

3) Under Project Permissions for Project1 I added Group1 for certain permissions e.g. Create issues, edit issues etc

When I log in as User1 I cannot see anything for Project1. Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes

You must make sure your user gets "browse" permission. Check step 4 - make sure that Group1 is named on "browse issues" in the permission scheme.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Under Edit Permissions the only "browser" option I can see is "Browse Projects". I've assigned this but still get the same problem.

Ok, I've assigned all permissions to User1 but when I login with User1 I still cannot see anything. Why is this happening? Is there anywhere else I need to set permissions?

Browse projects is the correct permission. A user with that will be able to see the project, and the issues within it.

Can you check back over the exact settings - it sounds like you must have missed one.

Also, could you have a look at the "security scheme" on the project settings - is there one set? (This might stop USer1 seeing issues, but they'll still be able to see the project header)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,832 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot