Assignee text box missing for Bulk Change Assignee

Eldon Wong October 1, 2019

We're using Jira on the Cloud. 

We have one user (UserA) who, when trying to bulk change issues, does not see the text box to enter in the assignee beside the "Change Assignee" checkbox. It's just blank there. 

I'm the site admin and I've logged in myself, tried to bulk change the same issues, and I see the text box to enter in the assignee beside "Change Assignee". I've logged in as another user (UserB) who has the same permissions as UserA and repeated and also see the text box without a problem.

I've even changed UserA to be a site admin, but she still is not able to see the Assignee text box.

This worked for her at one point. Something changed for her account. Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2019

Sounds weird for sure. Would like to see a screenshot. My immediate thoughts would be either a browser issue or an addon conflict or finally an actual bug.

for the first test out a different browser. For the second you can disable addons one by one. The final one would be to contact support.

oh and one other possibility- does the user have permissions to assign issues?

Eldon Wong October 3, 2019

i was just about to reply to you and grab some screenshots... but when I was grabbing the screen shots, I noticed that this is actually now fixed. Atlassian must have fixed something in the background?

For sure it was a bug because we tested out different on different machines. We even tried a different login method. That is, UserA logged in regularly on her machine. And since i'm an admin, i was able to "Log in as user" for her account on my own machine. Both instances, we see the problem. 

Thanks for your suggestions anyway.

Bryn T Hird October 8, 2019

I have the same issue. I've been bulk changing Assignee for some time and just recently it disappeared. Oddly it re-appeared a few days ago, but since has gone again.

I've used different browsers, with no impact.

Bryn T Hird October 8, 2019

image.png

0 votes
Helma October 21, 2019

Following as I have the same problem since this morning.ScreenHunter_467 Oct. 21 10.10.jpg

0 votes
Louise October 19, 2019

Following this as I have the same problem...

Suggest an answer