Assigned users are not getting Post Function emails

Diane Hovan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 27, 2020

We have a post function setup to alert a particular group of users to receive an email when a ticket is transitioned to that state. The issue I am having is if the ticket is assigned to the user, they do not receive the email, the other users in the Group do.

When looking at the Atlassian documentation, it states that all users will receive an email once the ticket is transitioned to that state.

The users have on their personal profile of My Changes: Do Not Notify Me.

Is this happening because the assignee is not changing? 

We are running version 7.11.2 Build 71102.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2020

is the Assignee the same as the user triggering the issue? If so this is because of the "Do not notify me of my change". if someone other than the Assignee is invoking the transition I would expect the assignee to get notified even w/o the post function unless you have that notification disable which is something to inspect - project settings > notifications

Diane Hovan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 27, 2020

That would be correct. The Assignee is the one that is transitioning the ticket and not getting the email, all other users in the group are. They currently have notifications turned off on their profile. 

I would have assumed that the transition alert would override the profile setting since the user would have the ability to either get notifications or not depending on the profile setting. I would have also assumed that they would get 2 emails if the notification was turned on in the profile and they were part of a group to get a separate email alert. 

I guess I assumed wrong. 

Thanks

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

Jack is 100% right that the profile will override the notification in the event that the user performs the action. If you need notifications which override the user settings, this is an option in Notification Assistant for Jira and it actually looks like this may become a more widely used feature in light of https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Update-on-Jira-email-notifications/ba-p/1283120

Suggest an answer