Assign to role member post function does not work

Sabyasachi Dalal March 16, 2015

I have a project role called Dev-Lead and want the issue to be assigned to the user with this role in the project, when a particular transition happens.

I have enabled JIRA Misc Workflow extensions add-on , and added the post function - "Assign to role member"

I have added a user to the Dev-Lead role, and as per the directions given by the Add-on creators, i also added a user property with key called defaultAssignee and value= PROJ1 -> DevLead, PROJ2 -> DevLead.

But, it still does not work.

Any help is appreciated.

regards

s.dalal

1 answer

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2015

Hi Sabyasachi,

I just tested this, and I wasn't able to replicate it. I created a test user (user1) and add the following property to it:

defaultAssignee ATP -> Administrators and the issue was correctly assigned to this user. Please make sure this user has Assignable Users permission in your project and give it another try.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Sabyasachi Dalal March 29, 2015

I have added Group(anyone) and jira-users to Assignable User permission, that way everyone should be assignable. and, the user is also in jira-users group. defaultAssignee SDCVIS->SD-Test-Dev-Lead I had a comma separated value, which i modified to single value. And, also removed spaces around -> The user is assigned SD-Test-Dev-Lead role in the project. One point - i am keeping the Assignee field as Unassigned, does that make a difference ? Because the post function says - "Assign the issue to the default user from the SD-Test-Dev-Lead role (unless user selects an Assignee) ." It still didnt work. Thanks The user is added to the particular

Suggest an answer