Assign Task

Akshay Kalra March 8, 2021

Hi Guys, 
I wish to assign task to respective team members by sending an email from Gmail. Is that feasible. If yes, can you please how to enable this. This will save our time and we would be able to use Jira more often. 

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

i think you will be looking at using Automation to inspect the body of the email for who to assign the issue to. But, as John mentioned, we need more details to give you options beyond that basic idea.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hi @Akshay Kalra  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you provide more details as to exactly what you want to happen and when?

Akshay Kalra March 8, 2021

Hi John,

I wish to assign task to respective team members sending email. We often receive request from customers over the email and then one team member have to create new task on Jira. Can this happen via email only. If we forward the email to alias and mark the team member on the same email. 

I have used this feature on Zoho in my previous organization.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2021

If I understand you correctly, then you want to create issues automatically when an Email is received. Take a look at this documentation to see if it helps you:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-issues-and-comments-from-email/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events