Assign Security to Issue by Workflow

Jonathan Donley July 25, 2018

I have a workflow which starts with Create and then moves to ToDo status.  The transition on that workflow is called "Create".  I have a post action assigned to that Workflow as indicated below.  Everything works fine except the Security role is not being defined on the Issue.  The Zynthia Group has the user who is the reporter (initiated by the Inbox Processor) and Assignee.  Any ideas why the  Security role is not being set.

- the user has permissions to both edit and set security roles for the project

- the role is included in the projects which the issues are being created for.

create-workflow-illustration-security.pngAny Suggestions are Welcome.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2018

Hi Jonathan,

I've tested on my test instance using the same order as the post function of the screenshot and it does not work as well.

Then I tested adding the post function as the first (before the "Creates the issue originally") and the issue security was correctly added.

Can you please change the order and open a test ticket?

Please, give a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Angélica

Jonathan Donley August 1, 2018

Hi Angelica,

I was unable to use your suggestion successfully.  However, I think it may have to do with how I have created the Zynthia Group which is used to set the security role.  The Post Action states "If user is a member of the Zynthia Role role, set issue security level to Restricted to Zynthia and F1P Project Managers (Field 1 Post Issue Security Scheme)."  What do you think it means by "user is a member"?  If the issue is being created by the mail handler (like my case), what user would need to be in the group?

Jonathan

Jonathan Donley August 1, 2018

Hi Angelica,

I just tested it again and it worked Perfectly!  Thank you for all of your help!

Jonathan

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2018

Hi Jonathan,

I'm happy that I could help and that everything is working as expected :D

If you need further assistance, please let us know!

Regards,

Angélica

0 votes
Ekaterina Bushkina August 7, 2022

Hi!

Could you please prompt how I can create the postfunction like in the topic start "if user is ..., set issue security...". Which postfunction I should use?

Suggest an answer