Assign Project Default

carnyhas April 23, 2023

Hi,

I want to assign a project default to my project (who is not the project lead).

When I create a component in the project, I can assign a “Default assignee”: one pf the options is “Project default (Unassigned)”. How can I assign it? Couldn’t find anywhere.

I’m using jira version 8.18.1

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2023

Ηι @carnyhas and welcome to the community,

To assign a project default, go to project > project settings > users and roles.

Click on the "Edit Defaults" on the upper right corner, and edit the available options. 

carnyhas April 23, 2023

Thanks for the quick response! 
But when I open “Edit Defaults” I only have Project Lead and Default Assignee. In Default Assignee I can only put “Project lead” or “Unassigned”

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2023

I'm sorry, but maybe I didn't quite understand your problem. As the default assignee you can only place the project Lead or leave it Unassigned. You can't have more options there.

carnyhas April 23, 2023

Oh so if I understand correctly- the role of Project Default is “Default Assignee”?

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2023

@carnyhas 

The default assignee can only be your project lead user or unassigned (leaving the issues unassigned). On components you have more choices to make, such as choosing a component lead etc.

project defaults.png

component defaults.png

carnyhas April 24, 2023

So what can in the “Project default”? Where can I assign it?

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

The project default can be only the project lead or unassigned. In order to place a value there, you have to choose it from the users and roles > edit defaults. So if I change the default assignee to be the Project Lead:

project lead.png

When setting the components, you will get the below option:

componentss.png

carnyhas April 24, 2023

Ok understood. Thank you 🙏🏼 

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

@carnyhas kindly mark my answer as accepted, in order to help others in the community to find proper answers to similar questions. Much appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events