Asset Management Project - Whats best.....

James Lewis April 10, 2018

Hi All,

I’ve been getting to grips with Jira, initially found it a little awkward but I think it’s all finally making sense :-)

I was hoping some of the community wouldn’t mind giving me your thoughts on creating an Asset Management project as:

• Part of the Jira Service Desk Solution
or
• A standalone project within Jira

What are the benefits of utilising an asset management project “within” the service desk as opposed to a “stand-alone” project?

Is there any underline reason you feel supports one as opposed to the other?

Has anyone built the asset management project as a “stand-alone” and then regretted it, if so could you point out why you felt this way, please?

Has anyone built the Asset Management project as part of the Jira Service desk and then regretted it, could you indicate why you felt this was a mistake, please?

I feel the 2 methods are very similar, but maybe by having this in the service desk environment, it would offer more functionality that I could be overlooking, especially as I’m new to Jira.

Really looking forward to your views on this and I appreciate all your comments.

James

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Christopher Jaksch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

Hi @James Lewis,

we are using standalone projects for our asset management (like CRM, ITSM or Human Ressources) in JIRA.

These assets are deeply connected to our customer and internal JIRA Service Desks (e.g. Customer opens Service Request > we connect the Service Request with the correct organization, contact and deal from our CRM project).

The assets integration is done via our add-on STAGIL Assets.

Feel fry to evaluate the add-on and ask any further questions here.
We are happy to hear your feedback.

Best wishes
Chris (STAGIL)

James Lewis April 10, 2018

Thanks Christopher. 

May well take a look at the add-on

James

0 votes
Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 30, 2022

I recommend trying our latest app AssetIT,

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228867/assetit-it-asset-management-for-jira

AssetIT is flexible and customizable to fit unique needs with different asset types and processes.

Features:

• Asset categories and models to group common features
  • Asset details, assigned to whom, and their physical location
  • Custom fields for additional asset attributes
  • QR codes generation
  • Inventory management, assets life cycle and workflow
  • License, Accessories and consumables
  • Import and export assets
  • Asset booking (coming soon)
  • Custom and automated reports (coming soon)
  • And more

Suggest an answer