As an administrator, how do I turn off email notifications?

Deleted user February 22, 2019

I am the administrator and can't find how to turn off email notifications that drive my team nuts. We do standups and don't need/want to get bombarded with emails.

3 answers

0 votes
jonathank August 10, 2023

If anyone else finds this article here are the steps I take with users complaining about too much noise from Jira

Screenshot 2023-08-11 120656.png

Once the steps above are complete now you just have to reduce the amount of issues you are watching.

Filter for all issue you are watching, Bulk "Unwatch" these issues

If you have been using Jira for some time this will bring up a LOT of issues. To bulk unwatch them go to the three dots top right and select “Bulk Change”

IMPORTANT!! Make sure you select “Stop Watching”

Before hitting confirm check your details on step 4. You want to see the same as below (but far more issues).

Screenshot 2023-08-11 121039.png

0 votes
Shwetha Suvarna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2019

Hi Colin,

I believe the project to be a Next-Gen project.

Screenshot 2019-02-23 at 9.49.20 AM.png

If yes, then we have a known limitation in Jira with managing notifications or accessing to notification scheme is not available in next-gen projects.

However, we do have an open feature request for this JSWCLOUD-17157

You can also add a public comment to the request itself if there is any additional information you would like to share with the developers directly so that the team can take that into account while addressing the problem.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Shwetha
Atlassian Cloud Support 

Deleted user February 23, 2019

Yes, it is a Next-Gen project. I will vote for the feature update. 

Like Shwetha Suvarna likes this
0 votes
Shwetha Suvarna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2019

Hi Colin,

Jira projects use notification schemes to send email notifications about project activity. There are two ways to disable email notifications for a given project:

1. Remove the notification scheme entirely from a project. 
  2. Edit a project's notification scheme so that no emails are sent. Take care when editing a scheme as more than one project may be using it. 

To remove a notification scheme from a project:

1. From your project's sidebar, select Project settings Notifications.
  2. Select Actions Use a different scheme.
  3. In the Schemes dropdown, select None.
  4. Select Associate.

Please follow the article Email Notifications- Jira cloud for more details on the same.

Best regards,

Shwetha

Atlassian Cloud Support 

Shwetha, 
Thank you for your advice.  I do not have those options when clicking "project settings.  All I see is "details, people, issue types, and features."

I can't find where "schemes" would be. 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2019

It sounds like you are a project admin, not a JIRA admin.  I've found initially JIRA provides more notifications than most people want. I suggest talking with your team and the JIRA admin to adjust the notifications. 

I am the Jira admin (and pay for the license). 

Like Shwetha Suvarna likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events