Archiving a Project

My customer would like a copy of a comleted project. I am the license owner of the OnDemand services. Is there a way to provide a copy of a project for them to use without the need of an OnDemand license?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Tom,

Essentially, your customer cannot use the product/data without a license. As mentioned above, an evaluation might be appropriate if the customer only needs this for a short time. Also, you can export your issues to csv, which will provide the data in a format that can be imported into most issue tracking software, which might be a more portable solution.

Finally, you might consider setting your permissions so that you can create a single user for that customer, and restrict them to that particular project (also see Managing Project Visibility), so that they can view this information as long as you have the OnDemand product.

Hope that helps a little!

Thanks,

-dave

You can backup the entire JIRA as explained here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Exporting+issues#Exportingissues-BackingupandexportingJIRAOnDemanddata

and then import it into a local JIRA instance of the same or higher version.

Hi Jobin, thank you for the comment. However, I would like to provide a complete package to one of my clients without the need for them to have a JIRA account.

How long will they need the information? If it is short term, I would suggest using a demo license, perform a backup/restore into the demo environment and then hack everything but the project out. Exporting just a project with complete definitions, context, attachments, comments, states, etc. is problematic with out a lot of back end scripting. You can then publish the link to just that user and open up the project for viewing.

If they will need a longer term beyond what the temp license provides, or they "want to use the instance", well...they will need to license that and you'll want to sanitize your configurations.

If you do that, make sure you disable mail polling until you've cleared everything out and disabled any reports folks have setup to be mailing themselves of the off chance that where you setup/restore will have open smtp access.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

76 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you