Approval/Decline is not triggering a status transition

Andrey December 14, 2022

Hello everyone,

I have a JSM Cloud project where the workflow includes an Approval step - tickets can be moved to "Awaiting Approval" status. From there we have 2 possible transitions - to Approved status and to Declined status.

When Approvers click the Approve or Decline buttons, there is no status transition triggered. The issue remains in the Awaiting Approval status. I want the issue to move automatically based on the Approver's response. Note: we sometimes have multiple approvers and have it set so status transition is blocked until all Approvers have approved.

Do I have to use Automation to automate transition to Approved/Declined statuses? Or am I missing some config option within this Approval setup to auto-transition issues?

Thanks,

Andrey

workflow approval transition.png
automation approval status.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

If you click on the edit for the Approval step, on the second screen have you defined the transitions that the request should use when it is approved/declined?

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 2.46.04 PM.png

Andrey December 15, 2022

Thanks @Mikael Sandberg I missed the Next button which shows the transition options.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events