Any gadget to display by groups rather than assignee?

Ahmed Alghamdi September 26, 2017

i've created groups, and included members in the proper group (Testers, Vendors, and the such)

now i need to find a way to use one gadget that would display simple count of tickets assigned to each group (not to each assignee but rather to the group they belong to)

For example:

Bug track

Microsoft team 7         Bank team 19      Testers 28      development team 98 

any way to do this?

2 answers

0 votes
David Perez Martorell October 13, 2022

Hello, How can I paint in a graphic tasks assigned by group assigned? No JQL and no gadget

The last solution is to export but Jira can't export more than 1000 rows?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2022

You can't assign an issue to a group (rightly so, it's an unmitigated disaster in real life, and you should never do it.  Of course, there's nothing wrong with saying "and this group is the people to talk to if the assignee isn't able to", or using boards or queues to indicate which team the issue needs to be dealt with by)

I assume you've got a custom field for group-assignee.  There's no option but JQL and gadgets to report on that.

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2017

JIRA isn't going to have a gadget that shows the users assigned by group. One reason is that a user can be a member of many groups.

What I would do in this situation is create four Issue Statistics gadgets and four corresponding filters. Use a field you're interested in, such as Priority or assignee.

Each filter would be built with JQL. An example filter: assignee in memberof("microsoft team")

Then, you'd be able to individually see the the number of assigned issues to each team on one dashboard, but not on one gadget.

Ahmed Alghamdi September 28, 2017

hmm it would not do any harm to have one person in more than one group, and when reporting it is fine to show that person having a ticket as part of testing, also another ticket as part of development. no conflict

having a table per group is making the dashboard very messy and not quick to grasp, especially for higher management sake.

chetan patil November 20, 2018

Hi,

Is this feature available now.?

Suggest an answer