Analyzing workflows

Deleted user October 7, 2019

Hi,

I need to analyze and categorize a huge amount of workflows. What I need to do is basically;

1. List all workflows
  2. Get steps from each workflow
  3. Get conditions, validators, post functions etc for each step/workflow

I have extracted the XML for the workflows as that seems to be one of the only ways. But since I don't have a xml-schema for Jira workflows, its a bit of a guessing game what sections can be present.

Extracting the steps, validators etc using XML parsing may not be optimal, but only other way I have found is by analyzing an issue and then investigate what is connected to that particular issue - not what I want. I want to process the workflows by themselves.

The real problem comes when and how to compare all these parameters... Optimally I could like to list identical workflows together.

So my question is, have any of you had similar issues before, and if so, how did you deal with it?

Thanks, Pontus

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2019

HI @[deleted] 

You can also try Workflow Analyzer for Jira app.

Ravi

Deleted user October 7, 2019

Hi, having had a look at it, it seems like a graphical viewer not adding the filtering capabilities I need to sort the workflows in a usable way. But thanks for the suggestion!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events