This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Get help and support

Hi,

• I want to know the best practises that are followed while creating a project, setting screen, custom field configuration.
  • What option can be set, so that JIRA logged work synchs accurately with salesforce.com(SFDC).
  • Please share some training videos regarding JIRA guide to let me understand usage of JIRA very well.
  • How to pull traceability matrix from Jira. How to maintain traceability matrix in Jira. please share some vedios for this.

1 answer

1 vote

That's more of a "how do I use JIRA" question.  I'd strongly advise that you take an Atlassian University course on administration.

But the specific questions:

• Keep it simple, and document it somewhere.
  • None natively, but you should look into the Salesforce Connector add-on, although you may need to do some additional scripting
  • See the Atlassian documentation
  • You'll need to define what you want from a traceability matrix and compare that with the data you are putting into JIRA, examining the structure of the data, what you want out of the matrix, and what reporting tools you have available

The reason I can't give you detailed answers is that you're asking for everything.  JIRA is powerful and flexible, but it can only be those things because it is complex.  I can't explain the complexity without writing a book, or delivering training courses.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

60 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you