An unknown error occured - Dashboard

Vamsi Krishna Panthulu May 20, 2019

i created a custom count dashboard and i renamed one of the filter names and since then i am unable to view the dashboard.  It just says unknown error occured.  I think the reason could be because i gave the filter too long name.  How can recover the dashboard now ?

2 answers

0 votes
Miguel Bravo March 17, 2020

One of our users has this similar problem. His custom dashboards are not displaying correctly. Instead, errors are showing up.
An_unknown_error_jira_dashboards.pngRefreshing the page made them show again. I personally haven't experienced this issue.
I run an engineering computer with no more than 3 different applications open (outlook, web browser, and phone application.)
Our employee had more than 10 different apps open. Perhaps that has something to do with those errors showing up?

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2019

Hello Vamsi,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

Can you please provide us more details about the custom count dashboard you meant?

There is only a single kind of dashboard natively on JIRA, so I believe you are referring to a Gadget of a board. Is that correct? 

Have you tried to change the filter name to something different? 

Can you also provide us a screenshot of the error and let us know if any further information is displayed in the javascript console of the browser?

I believe you can be facing the following bug:

'Filter Results' Gadget throws "The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response." if name contains a hyphen

Can you check if you have any hyphens in the filter name to change it?

Let us know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer