An issue with tagging people in the comment

Deluxe Technologies September 20, 2019

I'm not bale to tag anyone in the comment, how can I solve this issue. 

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2019

Can you check if you can assign an issue to one of the users you cannot mention? If you can, then the permissions should be fine. If not then the user needs to be added to the project via permissions.

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2019

You mean you are not able to mention users in your issue comment ?

yes, exactly

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2019

Is the user you are trying to mention -

1) an active member inside JIRA and has that user logged in before ?

2) does the user have permission to view that particular issue and browse the project that issue is in ?

Yes, the user has been invited to Jira, and previously I was able to mention all the user in the comment (by @) now I'm able to assign only the user whom the task assigned to.  
Please help me to solve this issue ASAP. Thanks in advance. 

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2019

Did you make any permission changes to this project lately ?

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2019

And the users that you are trying to mention in the comment  - do they have a role inside the project ? Or are they not a member of this particular project ?

They are member of the project. And previously, as I mentioned I could tag them in the comment.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2019

Do they have a role ? If not - assign them a role . 

I am not sure about your permissions and changes made if so - try assigning them to a role inside the project and mention them.

The users have Trusted role https://prnt.sc/p8n1mv

Can you please make screenshots and show me how to change, so that I'll be able to mention people in the comment. 

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2019

I mean go to project settings and add them under one of the roles -

Administrators, Developers, Users or any other custom roles ( if created). Else you can add users under one of those first three roles.

The screen should look something like thisproject_role_management-details-1.png

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2019

jira-projectconfig-summary.png

I can't find this part in my project.

Finally I solved the issue, Thanks

Suggest an answer