Allow the component lead to execute a transition Edited

We have a transition called 'Implementation desired' that only users of group 'Management' can execute. This is done via the usual way of transition conditions.

Additionally I want to enable the Lead of the issue's component to execute that transition, even if he/she isn't part of the management. But I can't seem to find a way to access that field/property in a condition.

We have JIRA server and JSU installed. Is there a way to do this with our tools?

1 answer

Hey,

It is possible to do with ScriptRunner add-on ..

Or you can create role for the component leads in and then add condition "User Is In Any Roles (JSU)" or "User Is In Project Role" and select the relevant role

Regarding your second option: doing that would mean that any component lead could transition the issue, right? I want to allow only the lead of the issue's component to transition.

This work-a-round is fine for 2-3 component leaders. If you have 50, this is not a good idea.

And remember, that every project of the whole Jira instance will see these news roles when administering other projects.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

56 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you