Allow the component lead to execute a transition

willmeroth January 25, 2018

We have a transition called 'Implementation desired' that only users of group 'Management' can execute. This is done via the usual way of transition conditions.

Additionally I want to enable the Lead of the issue's component to execute that transition, even if he/she isn't part of the management. But I can't seem to find a way to access that field/property in a condition.

We have JIRA server and JSU installed. Is there a way to do this with our tools?

3 answers

0 votes
DMinsky November 22, 2018
0 votes
Tuğçe Boyacı October 26, 2018

Hi Guys,

We need the same condition requirement as well. Anybody has a solution or any suggestion so that we can overcome this situation?

Cheers,

Tuğçe

0 votes
Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

Hey,

It is possible to do with ScriptRunner add-on ..

Or you can create role for the component leads in and then add condition "User Is In Any Roles (JSU)" or "User Is In Project Role" and select the relevant role

willmeroth January 25, 2018

Regarding your second option: doing that would mean that any component lead could transition the issue, right? I want to allow only the lead of the issue's component to transition.

Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

This work-a-round is fine for 2-3 component leaders. If you have 50, this is not a good idea.

And remember, that every project of the whole Jira instance will see these news roles when administering other projects.

Suggest an answer