Allow all users to search by reporter

Our users are not able to search by reporter. The option is there, but the drop down does not populate with a list of users. "Browse Users" is turned on for everyone.

2 answers

1 accepted

Sometimes things just break in JIRA. No one knows why.

1 vote
Paul Greig Atlassian Team Aug 13, 2013

Hi Luke,

Thanks for confirming 'Browse Users' is enabled. Can you confirm the group that is permissioned in Global Permissions is the group which all you users belong to?

Does the autocomplete functionality work for users that are part of the 'developers' group but not for other groups?

If you use the 'Advanced' query option (just click 'Advanced' on the search screen') and type the following replacing <name> with the name of a known user:

reporter = <name>

Does the advanced option cause the autocomplete feature to work?

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Greig Atlassian Team Aug 13, 2013

The other item I'd also like you to check is your Field Configuration: https://<instance>/secure/admin/ViewIssueFields.jspa?

Does this have 'Reporter' set as 'Optional' or 'Required'? You may have not required issues to have a reporter assigned.

Autocomplete works for me (Admin, Developer). Also, Reporter is set to required.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

171 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you