Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

All Web hook's failing with short URLS Edited

Hi All,

We are updating Jira tickets from MS Azure via web hooks, Original URLs from MS contains special characters and URL are not recognized by MS over web hook call from Jira, as Jira adding Default values for Special characters(like % is added with  %25) on url that throwing error 404. 

As an alternate we started using Short URL's from third party services long back, it was working fine till end of last month and now all web hooks started failing, web hooks were fired from Jira but the Body & Header data(content-length) are missing over web hook call, tried with all short url services but facing same issue with all services.  Is this is a bug from Atlassian or any issue with third party services unable to understand, can any one please suggest how to sort out the issue. Thanks

 

 

Regards,

Rajesh.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dario B Atlassian Team Jul 09, 2021

Hello @Rajesh Konda ,

If I understand correctly you are reporting 2 different issues in here:

  1. Jira is Url-encoding special characters in the Webhook url when sending the request and this is causing the integration to fail
  2. When using short urls, some parts of the body and header are missing

 

Now, if my understanding is correct:

  1. This is expected behavior: as written in RFC-3986 Uniform Resource Identifier (URI): Generic Syntax reserved characters needs to be percent-encoded (or url-encoded)
  2. In order to determine whether the issue is with Jira or with the short-url service (or anywhere else), I'd advise to create an exact copy of the webhook you are sending to Azure but configure it to send the data to a mock endpoint created using https://beeceptor.com/ or https://requestbin.com/ or any other similar web-requests debug tool. This way you can see if Jira is sending the right data or not. Once verified please let us know the results.

 

Finally, as a possible workaround for this, you might want to use a Jira Automation to send the desired information to Azure, instead of using a Webhook. This way you are able to set the authentication header without needing to add extra parameters for authentication to the URL.

For details on how to do this please see:

 

You may also want to review:

 

I hope this helps.

 

Cheers,
Dario

Hi @Dario B  Thanks for the response, percent-encoded (or url-encoded  doc helped me to find my solution. I have replaced reserved character of the the Azure URL with related one  provided on wiki and it started working. Thank you so much for your assistance.

image.png

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B Atlassian Team Jul 14, 2021

I am happy to know this helped @Rajesh Konda! :) 

Like Rajesh Konda likes this

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you