Agile board display stories as rows if they've got subtasks

Federico Zariquiegui December 15, 2017

Hello! I've noticed that there's an update on the agile boards display that wasn't there in previous versions of Jira. In the recent past, when you've got stories with subtasks, both would show in the board as cards, regardless of how the swimlines are defined.

However, what happens now, is that if a story has not subtasks I would see the card. If a story does have subtasks, it will display the story as a row and just the cards for the subtaks. VERY ANNOYING behavior....

I would like to know how to switch it to the way it was before...

THANKS!   

2 answers

0 votes
Nanda Kops-Assendelft February 16, 2018

Or you can try to use filters. To display only subtasks (certain issuetypes). Now the story is displayed as a small row. Works for me, I was searching the community for the same reason.

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2017

Hi Frederico,

In fact it's been like this for a while. The exact behaviour is slightly different: if a story and its subtasks are in the same column, they will all show the same, if subtasks are alone in a column (Story is not in same status or not on board), then a small brick will just appear to link the subtask to the Story as you described.

You should try putting Stories on the board and in the same status if you want to avoid this tip to show up :)

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Federico Zariquiegui December 18, 2017

Oh I see.... first of all, thank you very much for the answer! The thing is that it's perfectly fine to have the story in one status (i.e. "In Progress") and subtasks in different ones..... 

Is there any way to setup Jira to have "old school" behavior? 

Thanks!

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017

I feel you, totally agree but, as far as I know, there's no way to get the behaviour you're asking for. Sorry!

Federico Zariquiegui December 18, 2017

Ok, thanks for the response anyway :)

Suggest an answer