After upgrating to JIRA 8.5, GroovyService.class cannot be found

zerobarat1 January 23, 2020

I am trying to setup a new service in JIRA Admin and apparently com.onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyService class cannot be found. I updated to the latest Scriptrunner version.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
zerobarat1 January 27, 2020

Ok so I found out the real "issue " here. Starting from Scriptrunner v5.6.10, they moved their implementation from using Services to Script Jobs.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/releases/release-notes-5.6.html#_5_6_10.

I checked and it's right.

0 votes
Dan January 23, 2020

Have you tried a minor downgrade version of scriptrunner as well? I have had this happen before with an addon, I tried one of two versions below the latest supported release and it worked. 

zerobarat1 January 23, 2020

What version are you suggesting? And any reliable way of doing so without losing all of our inline scripts? @Dan 

Dan January 24, 2020

Perhaps Version 5.6.12  for Scriptrunner? In regards to losing inline scripts I honestly couldn't tell you (usually add-on customization stays) - Are you running an on-premise jira instance? I would say snapshot it before trying if it isn't cloud. 

zerobarat1 January 25, 2020

Hey @Dan thanks for the recommendation. I tried it but it didn't work(downgrade and install the package manually.

Duje January 27, 2020

Not found in 5.6.12 as well.

Suggest an answer