Advanced search does not display

Hello everyone,

Assistance needed!

Description of the problem:

1) I have project with plenty of issues (Tasks/Stories/Epics/Bugs).

2) Created two Scrum boards and one Kanban

*** we are using Scrum boards for well planned tasks (Design and Development boards)

*** Kanban board is for refinements and correction which are urgent

3) Created two filters and assigned them to the Scrum boards

Filter Queries are:

a) Scrum Development Board: project = "Project Name" AND "Epic Link" = Development

*** project = "HSSports " AND "Epic Link" = HSS-7

b) Scrum Development Board: project = "Project Name" AND "Epic Link" = Design

*** project = "HSSports " AND "Epic Link" = HSS-6

4) Filter - Shares are the same (by Groups)

5) Sprints displays properly to each group. Filters work well.

Problem:

when I click Design Board Settings - General - Filter - Saved Filters - Edit Query it redirects me to the page with listing of issues BUT Advanced Search field does not display.

If I Edit Query at Development Board Settings - Advanced Search field is shown and I can edit the JQL request.

Question:

How can I fix it? I want to see the Advanced Search field.

1 answer

0 votes

When you are on the search results you get from the filters, what are you seeing? 

I suspect one of them is taking you to the simple search view, and the other "advanced".  When in the simple search view, there's always a button to the right to flip into "advanced".  A similar button appears in the advanced view to flip to simple, but only when the query can be done by the simple view.

When you are on the search results you get from the filters, what are you seeing? 

Here is what I can see when clicking on Edit Query at Development Board

IMG_2.jpg

Here is what I can see when clicking on Edit Query at Design Board

IMG_1.jpg

Hmm.  You can see the "basic" toggle in your first screenshot of the Development board, but your second screenshot looks broken, like only part of the page has loaded.  Is there anything else showing on the page?  Have you given it a few seconds to finish loading?

Hello Nic,

thank you for your time ;)

Nothing else displayed on the page. I tried to clean cookie and cache files. Didn't work well... 

Do you have any suggestion how to move forward with this problem?

Thank you

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,864 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot