Adopt OpenJDK

Allan Libby July 15, 2019

Has anyone gotten this to work properly yet with Jira and/or Bitbucket? I've tried Adopt OpenJDK 8 and 11 with no success so far. The documentation says both of these applications (latest version) should support both.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2019

Dear @Allan Libby ,

yes I can confirm, running Jira Software 7.13.3 and Confluence 6.15.6 and Jira Core 8.1.x with AdoptOpenJDK (just the JRE) 8 u212.

No problems at all - very stable.

So long

Thomas

How? I've tried a number of different things from setting the JAVA_HOME and the Java version in Tomcat to no avail at all.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2019

Do use the standalone without bundled JRE? Is Oracle JDK uninstalled? Do you start the application with as SystemD script setting JAVA_HOME as "environment"?

Edit: Is the JRE/JDK read + executable by the user running Atlassian apps?

Oracle JDK and JRE are uninstalled.  I used the installer from the AdoptJDK website.  I have set the JAVA_HOME variable (the intaller did it as well as adding it to my PATH variable).  I am not sure why setting my JAVA_HOME to "environment" would do anything, that seems like it would break pretty badly as that isn't even a path.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2019

I think if I was running linux that would be helpful, but I am running Windows, so none of that applies unfortunately ;-(

Suggest an answer